Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Worst Teacher

I cannot say I had a worst teacher because they all put up with me.  A pesk to the teachers and the class day in and day out, is what I was.   Of course there was one teacher that sticks out in my mind.  The teacher was my eighth grade teacher and my music teacher.  Lucky me a two for one.  I was in the band as a drummer for five years until she made it no fun anymore.  Well, that’s a little white lie because it was fun but I forgot my drum stick’s the day we were suppose to start and if you didn’t have the drum stick’s you got a detention.  In other words, I quit drumming because of her and that experience.  At the time I felt she was singling me out but I was the only one with no drum stick’s that day.  This teacher always blamed everything on me and I seemed to get in trouble for everyone.  One day I stood up for myself and I was not going to back down.  I explained to her in worse words than I’m going to say but told her where the bear poop and the buck wheat.  She did not like that and actually pushed me back into the class room.  You see, I was outside the classroom having another talking to.  I may have tripped as she pushed me but I fell into the room and landed on a classmates desk.  Shocked wasn’t the word because I was more embarrassed.  I actually deserved more than that and wouldn’t have blamed her if she beat me to a pulp.  I was a jerk.  I feel bad because she quit the year after I graduated and I hope it wasn’t due to me.  She was a great teacher and was a musical genius, now that I look back.  It’s kind of silly because all the teacher’s now have no way to control kid’s and that actually hurts classmate’s learning and how they can teach.  Get out the rulers……!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking just now at your first posts and somehow you either got the wrong letter with the address of ENG 101 (and if that happened, it's my fault, I apologize, but I know how to make it all right) or on your own you found the other website and started working there.

    Anyway, doesn't matter what happened: you're not on 162 where you should be.

    162 is http://fromswanvilletoyou.blogspot.com. Go there, check it out, start work.

    Here's how I'm going to make it right. One of the first week assignments in 162 is a journal--use your hand and worst teacher pieces as the first two entries in the journal. Just relabel them as Journal 1 & Journal 2.

    jg

    You give us two stories here and stories are always good: the missing drumsticks and the push story. But for my money, in one paragraph I think you get to lay out only one story. Which of the two do you think is the keeper story, the one that stays with the reader?

    ReplyDelete