Saturday, September 10, 2011

My collection

My daughters room is where the little door is to the crawl behind.  In this crawl behind is many boxes and totes from our past and stuff we don’t use anymore.  Also in there is a box for every holiday, you know all the decorations that seem to grow over the years.  How come stuff you need slowly disappears and that stuff slowly becomes more and more?  Any how, within this dark blue tote is a box of mine. This isn’t any ordinary box it’s this fancy little box with a hole in the top.  This wonderful box is out of this world.  This box is a old tissue box with my favorite football team on it, the Miami Dolphins.  I glance into this box because right now it’s on my mind.  I never check it out anymore but the stuff it with hold is fantastic.
This old tissue box holds a coin collection I have had my whole life.  I love coins.  Not as much anymore but as kid I had a thing for them.  Every time I saw coins at a store or flea market I had to bring home one.  My family knew my passion for this and would give me coins they were holding onto to greater my collection.  I got money dating into the 1800’s and until current. On all my travels I would pick up another coin to mark my travels.  Every bill or coin would be another period or a place that even until this day I can remember who what were and when I had gotten it.  I wish the coins from other countries I had actually traveled to too get them though, that would mean I have seen the world.
You don’t really realize that such a small innocent piece of history could bring back so many memories of your past.  Personally I love my past incredibly but I hate to think of it because of all the great moments I will never have again and then I have to tell myself I will make new times like that.  Nothing is like being a child and having a love for something it seems to always be a greater and more mental love.  My coin collection marks a life and time of me, family and friends.  It has traveled and been around and some how even the tissue box has held up. Amazing, I told you it was a marvelous box.

1 comment:

  1. I've just read the photo album piece, and this is an interesting contrast. Here you do allow us a peek into the box and describe the coins--I don't think you could get out of this piece alive if you had avoided that.

    Take a look at the last graf--is that graf there because a teacher told you you need some last thoughts to round out a piece or because it adds something beyond what we already have?

    ReplyDelete