Friday, September 23, 2011

Writing for me is......

Writing is a way for some people to express themselves.  For me, I don’t quite think it is to express myself even though sometimes I get a slight kick out of what I write.  I think its more because I have to appease the college.  I do feel that your class is actually really cool.  I love to write about the different aspects as apposed to reading something and breaking it down to describe what some 1400’s poem theme.  That to me isn’t writing.  Anyway to me writing is more like doing dishes.  I hate to do them but in the end I’m like, “Nice, I have a clean fork and plate to eat with.”  Or I’m like, “Nice I really hated to do this writing but in the end I feel like I accomplished something and got the clutter out of my head.” I think writing for me is not necessarily like doing the dishes but its kind of the relief feeling I get.  The dishes is a good explanation though because we all hate them and most  people, being honest, hate to write.  I kind of make a game of the dishes just like when I write too.  The more fun or more open you are to doing them the easier it is and the quicker it goes by.  There is no sense to complain about the task at hand because it doesn’t get you anywhere.  All the does get you is doing it with anger. Imagine being angry washing dishes?  I think I would have no dishes left.  My cupboard would be empty of all my fine china and would be littered with solo cups and chinet paper plate.  At least the silver ware would hold up.  A angry writing to me would look like a mess.  It would be a gloomy work with no enlightenment.  Who would want to read something that they couldn’t enjoy.  The better job you do on the dishes is much better then a sloppy half washed/written job.  You have company over (you have someone reading your writing) and they find food on their plate and fork, (the story sucks) would they want to eat at your house? (would they want to read your story?)  NO.  This all describes my writing because there is some days that I just don’t want to write or do dishes.  Of course they are going to come out crappy.  Thank god for me and everyone I have a dish washer and don’t have to do dishes.  To bad for me there isn’t a dish washer for my writing.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, fun comparison. For me, writing is a breeze, and I never put it off or procrastinate. It's my playground. Dishes are another story. When my wife's away for a week, they pile up until a few hours before her return, and then I do them bitterly, angrily, pissed at her--and wishing I had paper plates and plastic spoons.

    I think in a piece of writing like this, a comparison, the comparison can be drawn out too long and become mechanical.

    Of course, for a lot of writing courses, there is a dishwasher, and you can go on line and buy papers there. (And just as dishwashers are Not Recommended for your fine antique china, so are the cheat websites Not Recommended for students who want to pass courses and stay in school!)

    ReplyDelete