Sunday, September 4, 2011

New me as a writer.


What kind of writer am I.  To be honest I don’t see myself as a writer at all.  Do I wish I was, of course. We all wish we could do something we cannot do. Or at least I hope that’s how people feel.  To where do I classify myself as a writer. Well I would have to break it down to what I need to work on I feel to make me a better writer.
I think my biggest problem with my writing is I am full fledge ADHD.  I think we all know what that means.  Basically I have a million wonderful thoughts buzzing in my head.  These thought’s though I cannot get on the paper before I forget or move on to another thought.  SO I think my story sounds ridiculously good in my head but it comes out as a puking of words on the paper.  Every time I proof read I find something else wrong and I’m like what the heck was I thinking there.  The idea at one point in time was probably ten ideas I had at once.  I probably then took that idea and put it in one.  I just can not focus on a topic.  The other main issue I have is my vocabulary is not as wide spread as most.  I don’t need and will never need all these fancy terms to say I’m feeling like crap.  Someone with a broad vocabulary could say that in five different fancy word ways.  Not me.
He really needs help with stating his work more clearly.  He really knows what he needs to do but knowing what to do and doing it are to different things.  Why doesn’t he proof read his work and that may help him with figuring out problems before the teacher does.  When he thinks of what he wants to say it comes out like a big mess on the paper.  That is why he needs to do a lot better when proof reading.  It will aid in helping the writing become more clear.
When you want to do a writing you need to have a plan.  A plan will help get all your ideas into a more convenient way to see them.  This will help you manage them more effectively and get them on the paper in a more clearer way.  You need to really work on keeping your facts right and really making a more wow factor in your writing’s.  If it will help you, you may want to use the bubbles.  The bubbles will help you get thesis, ideas, and conclusion broken down into an easier way to stay on track.
So you see I really do try and listen to what people tell me but I just cannot get it to click.  I don’t read ever and never really have and maybe that is a lot of my wording problem.  I was never really exposed to a lot of writings.  I am thirty years old and I have not once have had to write an essay or even a poem.  I wish I had time to sit down and just write away but it’s just not me.  I do feel being a good writer is important I am definitely not downing writing at all.  It’s really just not my cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. You may not have much self-confidence in the writing game, and you can join the club because many others lack it as well. But I can tell you that the problems you describe are not unique, do not mean you can't write, and aren't hopeless.

    But, for me and for this course, proofreading and vocabulary are much less important than having a voice, having something to say, and finding an individual way to say it. I'm going to spend exactly zero time proofreading your writing and telling you what's wrong with it (though I may tell you how I think a piece could be improved.)

    ReplyDelete