Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just a dream

Dreams can be such a interesting time in a person life.  They can take you any where in the world.  Places that don’t even exist.  In dreams they do.  They can mean different things.  They can be perceived in many ways.  They give you something to do while you sleep.  It gives people a chance to go on that vacation they cannot afford.  We do sleep a third of your life so I suppose you need to make the best of it.
Certain dreams I like more then others.  I have one dream that I have all of the time.  It is scary.  Most of the time it happens when I sleep on the couch.  I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.  The couch to me is the comfiest place in the world.  My legs kicked up.  Head buried in my chest.  Blanket is on my but not covering me.  And of course the cats beside my head.  Perfect set up for that dream I regularly have upon the couch.
In this dream I am against my will climbing stairs of this unknown building.  Stair cases in sky scrapers are so unsettling.  Quite.  Echoing. Concrete and steel.  Thirty floors up they are the same every floor. You are trapped.  No getting out.  In this particular dream the stair case has no windows but they are switched up once and awhile and windows are added.  No one ever takes the stairs.  So when you see someone it makes it that much worse.
I always look at the stairs and they always have cracks all over them.  How are they holding you up.  I just don’t get it.  Big cracks all over.  Every stair you step on it makes that echoing thud sound.  It sound fragile as well as it looks.  Next thing I know I am falling and there are no stairs.  I am falling and falling. Then to scare the snot out of you. I wake up from the dream of falling.  And I really am falling off the couch. It must be just the couch.  I know this though.  It is scary.
        I wonder what a dream like that means.  To me if I was going to guess.  Would be losing control of a situation.  A falling sensation.  I know really it is just me literally about to fall. Then falling.  It is like my mind is setting me up for a fall.

1 comment:

  1. Of course, to a reader the most interesting part is not the elaborate dream, but the last graf where you apply it to yourself-- and what we really want is a graf to follow where you are even more specific about what such a fall would look like. A trip to Florida, claiming you'll never return to Dedham? Or--?

    ReplyDelete