Saturday, November 19, 2011

The most amazing person I met

I couldn’t have asked to meet a better person,
The man I met not saying on damn cursing,
My words no matter how harsh,
Played no effect like water on a marsh,
I met this man in the man in the grocery store,
He made this place far from a bore,
We got to talking about things,
Even with the interference as his phone rings,
Was it your wife  I told him,
It was these words I think that sold him,
He had it tough I thought,
As his wife called back and they fought,
When he was done,
We left off were we started,
He grabbed a ham bone,
As he lifted it he farted,
This man had no shame in his game,
This man I had not even known his name,
We pushed on to finish this shopping,’
So much I wanted to get home so wine bottles I could be popping,
I invited him back to my place,
He gave me such a look on his face,
I could tell something was going on,
The thought of a drink made him not want to come along,
As I finished up and pushed out my cart,
I pulled out the parking lot of Wal-Mart,
The man was in disarray,
As I got home he was in the drive way,
I looked to see him in the rear view,
Thank god I met this great man, phew.
I found out why we had so much alike,
I found out his name was Mike.
Mike was my name,
This man was me and this was all just a game,
This was the most amazing person I could have met,
The most important person to me I bet.

1 comment:

  1. I think the self-imposed requirement to devise rhymes becomes the whole game here--the tail wags the dog--and the piece as a whole loses point and focus, shattered by the rhyming hocuspocus.

    ReplyDelete