Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekly writting

Winter makes the Earth such a wonder land.  We all know how the snow coats the ground and hangs upon the trees.  It is so beautiful.  That glistening when the sun pokes its head way up in the sky down upon the trees.  It looks so much warmer outside when the sun is shining in a mid winters day.  I think it is the fact the sunlight reflects of the crystalline snow flakes that are laid one on top another.  I gaze out the big rectangular window into the front yard to see what kind of day me and my boy are going to have for sliding.  It looks to be a great day this.
Me and my son ready ourselves for a few hours of high speed sledding in the front yard.  The yard is quite a slope.  We sled right in the middle of the drive way.  Hopefully I have no unexpected guest.  We are booted and suited, as we say, and step out into the sun lit frigid air.  I slip on the icy steps, which I fail to salt and sand, every storm.  The sled pokes out of a pile of snow and my son barrel asses over towards it.  Being three feet tall and having two feet of snow, I still wonder how he got to that sled.  Either way, we were ready to cruise.
I tried to shake some of the snow and ice off of the bright orange sled.  Dropping the sled to the ground just in front of my feet I wonder how my fat ass along with my son is going to fit into this foot wide sled.  I plopped down and sat on the sled with my jeans the only thing blocking the snow from my skin.  I have always hated wearing snow pants but I still suit my son from head to toe in all types of winter gear.  He looks so cute all puffy standing to the edge of the sled.  I waived him in now that I was all situated.  He kind of just fell on me due to the restriction of the snow suit.
I picked my line down the drive way and as I started to get us going, my son states that he wants to crash into the snow pile at the bottom of the hill.  We always try to get up over but never can.  We usually get around three quarters of the way up and then do backwards somersaults down the pile.  This time was the time we were going to make it over. This time was different.  A cold snowy dust was coating our faces from the speed of our sled humming down the drive way.   I tried like heck to keep us stable in order to not crash before we made it down to the pile at the bottom.
Poof, we hit the pile like a ton of bricks. I flew up on to my son and plowed him against what we didn’t know was a frozen snow bank.  This is what I didn’t want to happen.  As my body came to a halt after being thrashed around I checked to see if my boy was alright.  He was laughing uncontrollably.  “Let’s do it again.” He chants as he wipes the snow from his face.  That one ride may have been it for me.  I really had gotten pummeled against the snow bank.  My body had gotten bent in way I didn’t know it could be.  However, I got up and chuckled, grabbed the rope on the sled, and gritted my teeth for the next few rides we were about to have, down the drive way.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure which week this is, so it's hard to comment. Help me out.

    ReplyDelete