Saturday, October 29, 2011

The best part is the part I can't tell...

I had one goal.  Only one is all that it takes to feel as if you have the best life ever.  As a young boy I always had this mentality.  I may have hurt many people during this attitude.  That didn’t bother me.  It was all about me.  We had so many parties as ever one does since they had become a teenager.  My goal was no different then anyone else’s this age.  Getting messed up and laid.  I always had this on my mind and school was always last. Maybe I should have put this first but over another one, no way.
*****
During the school we always talked about the time we had.  Bragging I guess or making fun of some one for something or someone stupid they did.  It was a sick way of thinking of women like a piece of meat.  I feel today but my dad always taught me,  “Some one you pass up is someone you will never have.”  You can tell he was not a good father.  That was the only thing he taught me.  Wonderful.
******
As I showed up to yet another great weekend I first grabbed a Budweiser. (Because U Deserve What Every Individual Shall Ever Receive.)  That is what I learned in school.  The night was going great.  Naked women all over.  A live band.  A fire outside.  This party had it all.  I was always the life of the party and people knew when I showed up the party was finally starting.  I thought I was so cool.  Come to find out there is no job in life or class in college called Partying 101.
******
You can only discuss the next day some of the things that happened.  Some of it you don’t remember and the rest is so shaming.  Yeah we have all had those embarrassing moments.  This one was mine.  The little pieces I remember I cannot discuss. It is a secret to this day.  I can tell you though I woke up the next day just inside my parents front door.  In my boxers.  With a blanket and a pillow.  The weirdest part, or most thankful, is my mom waking me up telling me to go upstairs to bed before your brothers see you and make fun of you.
*******
Thanks mom.  I’ll always remember that.  The best part of this all I can’t tell because of embarrassment and the graphic’s of it all.

1 comment:

  1. It's always tricky and risky withholding important information from the reader: the risk is you wind up being a tease and the reader is left with an empty bag.

    But you pull this off because it's not just the story of having your eyebrows shaved off or having someone paint 'totally fucked up' on your face or ass, or something like that. No, these vignettes work backwards and forwards to outline a life and a lifestyle and a worldview and only culminate in the shameful moment. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete