Saturday, October 8, 2011

My safe place

Being at this place paints an illusion upon your mind, body and soul that is soothing and comforting for most all humans.  Humana are a animals the need attention and others around us but like any animal we have that need or the safe place where your mother resides. The safest place in this world is beside your mother.  We all have had that need from your mom right from birth.  She is the one through out your child hood until you are a legal adult and sometimes your whole life depending on peoples situations, that cares for you.
My mother has been a big part of who I am.  I am not different from most people.  Obviously she gave birth to me and I am part of her.  Through out life she has cared for me and looked out for me.  Me and my mother have had our really bad moments between each other but we seem to put our problems aside.  There seems to be no one that can care for you like your mom.  Even when you are old enough to care for yourself she still always seems to have that eye in the sky looking out for you.
She can take a horrible scary situation and turn it into a safe situation.  This reminds me of when I first received my drivers license, every moms worst nightmare.  Any how, I was casually driving into town when all of a sudden SMACK I went down into a ditch and hit a telephone tree.  This was all due to me changing a cd.  I looked off the road for one second and I guess the truth is it only takes that long.  I remember driving down a dirt road right before I hit the pole but in reality I was plowing over small trees and almost rolled my truck over.  No seatbelt of course I smacked my face off the steering wheel while my hands slipped off the wheel and went through the gauges.  I remember specifics like the wipers coming on and my stereo coming on.  The stereo I made sure was shut off before I got out.  It was embarrassing because it was so loud.  To make a long story short I ended up in the hospital.  My mom showed up and I was in really bad shape and scared.  All of a sudden I knew I was going to be alright when she walked into the room and rubbed my head.  I got the feeling of safety and it gave me confidence to know she would do anything and everything in her power and then some to make sure I was alright.
Another situation which is a little more realistic and more apt to happen is the simple influenza.  Yeah we all know how that can make you feel like shit.  Plain and simple.  Some times it can be worse than others but no one can make you feel safe and make you feel better as mom.  Don’t tell my wife because I tell her she makes me feel better.  Truth is I dump my wife’s soup out and wait for my moms.  A simple yet elegant soup. We all love moms home cooking which can make you feel mmm mmm good.
Everything that can make you feel good, safe, confident, and any other type of wonderful feeling mom can give you.  All those emotions can validate the fact the mom is a person who makes you feel safe.  Whether you are or not it’s the feelings and thought that counts.  For me, I always wonder where she is or call for her when I am feeling really done or need some kind of aid.  She saves you from any situation or problem that arrives in ones life.  She can give you safe advice as well it doesn’t have to be just physical safeness it can be mental to.  I think we all can agree mom is the best.

1 comment:

  1. I think I ask you this a lot--why do you start where you do? This reads to me like you start writing, brainstorming, without much idea where you're going, and then as you write, things clarify.

    That's a good way to go about things! I do it myself. But the writer has to go back and figure out whether the wheelspinning, necessary to getting started, actually belongs in the final product.

    My opinion is that this would be much stronger if this were dropped: Being at this place paints an illusion upon your mind, body and soul that is soothing and comforting for most all humans. Humana are a animals the need attention and others around us but like any animal we have that need or the safe place where your mother resides. The safest place in this world is beside your mother. We all have had that need from your mom right from birth. She is the one through out your child hood until you are a legal adult and sometimes your whole life depending on peoples situations, that cares for you.
    My mother has been a big part of who I am. I am not different from most people. Obviously she gave birth to me and I am part of her. Through out life she has cared for me and looked out for me. Me and my mother have had our really bad moments between each other but we seem to put our problems aside. There seems to be no one that can care for you like your mom.

    ReplyDelete