Saturday, October 22, 2011

I walk down and Oh lord!

Just another day for me or so I thought.  It was just another day but this wasn’t quite another day, it was grocery shopping day.  We all love this day of the week.  The hustling and bustling of pushing a heavy cart of food through a maze of people.  Then the dreaded thing happens as I was turning the corner.  Down isle five, which I had to go down to get some pasta, was an ex girlfriend.  Ugh… Usually you can turn around or duck out of site but this time there wasn’t anything I could do.  She could see me and I could see her.  We locked eyes but it wasn’t one of those special moments where I was about to fall in love.  No this was not another grocery store love story about to take place.
I had to go up this isle now.  It was like taking a wrong turn on a street with no way to turn around.  The street had one giant pot hole for me and it was an ex girlfriend.  What a perfect day for this.  I guess it could have been worse.  I know at least in this street with other carts their was witnesses incase she got out of hand.  She still had feelings for me, I mean come on who wouldn’t.  I walked down this street of terror knowing the worst was to come.  I inched my cart to make the inevitable take longer but as I do this I know I should just go up and get it over with.  Once you bump into someone in the grocery store you see them on every other isle you go down.  You then have to give that awkward smile as if to say “fancy see you here.”
I hate having to be locked into something like this.  I know I am going to see her next isle and next isle until the end of this task I never wanted to do in the first place.  Any how I make it down to the pasta just in time for her to bump my cart.  She did it in a flirting way as she smiled at me.  I rushed her through some pointless conversation so I could get the heck out of dodge.  After this small talk I grabbed my pasta and continued to head down the rest of this isle knowing I was going to see her again…. And…. Again.  To stop this from happening I went back to the vegetables.  I knew back tracking I wouldn’t have to bump into her again.  Oh lord, the worst thing happened but I made it through it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image of the ex flirtatiously bumping carts. Sexy! Then you get to say stuff like, 'As our carts banged together, I noticed my groceries getting agitated, just like old times....'

    ReplyDelete