Saturday, October 22, 2011

Things I see as I walk down the street.

I’m a very visual person so no matter what I’m doing or where I’m going I am constantly scanning my surroundings.  Every year we go to Bar Harbor at least once.  I personally myself love that little corner ice cream shop but it seems to be the last stop on our walk every time.  I cannot remember the shop name for some reason.  All I can think of is that place in Brewer fifty miles away from Bar Harbor names Jimmies.   We walk down the very crowded walk way which is very annoying due to all those old out of stator’s that have to stop and look at every shop window.  At that pace I don’t see how they even get anywhere.  You know they are never going to buy anything though.
Personally I want to stop in every shop on the way to my ice cream place which I usually try to make a V line to.  Just like all those old people I talked about though, I found myself stopping and looking into the many different shops windows.  I love to shop so Bar Harbor is the perfect little place to see many different trinkets you wont see any where else.  As I pass by a little coffee shop, it wreaks of the strong smell of a great coffee bean.  It was heaven to me that strong smell of fresh ground and brewing coffee.  It drew me into the barely walk able shop to get a wonderful cup of the perfume I could smell outside.
We walk on and go past many other shops which lure me in, of course.  Next thing I know, I am carrying arm loads of bags and my wallet feels flat.  All these shops were heavenly.  I now was the proud owner of fudge, a coffee, new sweatshirt, and a necklace made of help with shells knitted within the threads of the weave.  My wallet is the proud owner of nothing.  I arrive at my ice cream shop I have been waiting for, and finally at last my Maine blackberry ice cream in a home made waffle cone.  I had no hands at  this point to grab my cone but still managed to some how.  If there is a will, there is a way and I certainly found one without a doubt.  I had my ice cream at last.   As I at my ice cream I wondered how I was going to get back past all these great shops with out entering one.  My arms were already full and my wallet by this time was definitely in rough shape.

1 comment:

  1. Mike--good stuff, less 'fuzzing' than I've sometimes seen, but, still, there are words, phrases, repetitions that could go without hurting the essentially quite fine piece that's here.

    Let me show you what a de-fuzz would look like:


    Every year we go to Bar Harbor at least once. I personally myself love that little corner ice cream shop but it seems to be the last stop on our walk every time.

    We walk down the very crowded walk way which is very annoying due to all those old out of stator’s that have to stop and look at every shop window. At that pace I don’t see how they even get anywhere. You know they are never going to buy anything though.

    Personally I want to stop in every shop on the way to my ice cream place. Just like all those old people , I found myself stopping and looking into the many different shops windows. Bar Harbor is the perfect little place to see many different trinkets you wont see any where else.

    As I pass by a little coffee shop, it wreaks of the strong smell of a great coffee bean. It was heaven to me that strong smell of fresh ground and brewing coffee. It drew me into the barely walk able shop to get a wonderful cup of the perfume I could smell outside.

    We walk on and go past many other shops which lure me in, of course. Next thing I know, I am carrying arm loads of bags and my wallet feels flat. I now was the proud owner of fudge, a coffee, new sweatshirt, and a necklace made of help with shells knitted within the threads of the weave. My wallet is the proud owner of nothing.

    I arrive at my ice cream shop and at last my Maine blackberry ice cream in a home made waffle cone. As I at my ice cream I wondered how I was going to get back past all these great shops with out entering one.

    ReplyDelete