Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who I first remembered re-write

In a world, with a population in the billions, one person made such an impression on me that to this day I remember them first in my life.  Most people would say their mother or father but I would disagree with that.  As a child you love anything fun or anything that has to do with playing so it only makes sense that you would remember your first friend or in my case a brother, Matt.
My brother is only a year older then me so we were very close in age.  Being in the same residents and same age it was on.  With Matt and I being very similar in age we had so much things in common.  We had the same likes and dislikes, as well as friends and television shows.  As any kid knows cartoons are great.  We had a lot of the action figures from these shows so we would pretend a lot.   This pulled us closer as we sat together cheering on our favorite action figure to beat up the villain.
All our friends were right out our front door.  We lived in a trailer park were many kids lived and we happen to all be the same age.  This was great for us to bond even more.  We all played together including my brother. We played inside and outside together.  We were almost inseparable and we really never separated until school started.
As a child the first one to make a impression on you is going to be the first one you remember.  When someone or something makes a huge impact in your mind you are more apt to have remembrance of that someone or something.  This is why I believe my brother is the first person I remember.   We were always together and played all the time together.  We were never apart.  My mom would be busy cleaning or working and she wasn’t going to come outside and play with us and our friends.
In my son I notice this with him as well.  Anyone that plays a huge part in having fun with him, he remembers.  He remembers everything my parents do with him but nothing I every with him.  It drives me nuts. I know how he feels though with the fact all he wants in life is to have fun and anything to do with fun.  I do a lot of things with him and I notice he is very clingy to me.  When my wife use to be home he was very clingy with her.
My brother made the type of impact to me in order for my remembering him first in my life.  It was kind of interesting to think back thirty years and try to remember such a factor in your life.  When I really thought about it though my brother came to mind.  The thing that made it interesting is why I remembered him and it all has to do with what kids want.  They want to play and that’s what we did.

1 comment:

  1. I can see you've cut, trimmed, worked at this--for whatever reason, it still doesn't really come alive, at least for me, but sometimes it's best to move on to the next piece and not obsess on the last one.

    ReplyDelete