Friday, October 14, 2011

A classmate I know talking smack about me?!

I have only good things to say about that Michael.  A guy with a nickname like pickle can’t not be a hell of a guy.  How do you end up with a nickname like that.  You could perceive it in many different ways.  I know what we all think when we think of a nickname like pickle.  Any how Mike has been a great influence through out life to countless people.  He seems to be so self less and puts others first.  I think a lot of times that can hurt him due to people that abuse friendship as he gives.
A great reason I look up to Mike is the fact even though he is thirty he hasn’t lost his child like attitude in life.  I’m not saying he is immature or not responsible.  That is the best part about him.  He is very responsible.   Everyone needs to keep a little bit of a kid in them.  With out having some what of a child like feature you grow into a stick in the mud.  No one likes people like that.  Maybe except other sticks in the mud I suppose.  I remember recently me and him going for a walk.  Upon our walk as we were inching our way around a big mud hole, I fell upon it.  Well, I didn’t fall until I was tackled down.  W begun to attack each other violently with mud balls.  It’s the simple things in life that give great joy and he knows how to bring them to people lives.
People say there aren’t many caring people left but the care that surrounds the people around him is thick as a dairy queen blizzard. Through my whole life Mike, just being a friend, has looked out for me through out school.  I myself have always been picked on and have been an outcast in class but he treats me the same as the next person.  He isn’t afraid or doesn’t  act to cool to talk to me or isn’t worried about getting caught hanging out with me.  That feeling is a horrible feeling, being an outcast in school.  School can be a brutal time in a child’s life and he made that experience not as bad as it could have been.  He actually picked me first once upon a time in sixth grade.  Certain people were always picked before others.  The coolest kid or the one who is the best at the game so that team could win.  The game was dodge ball.  I will never forget the feeling.  Mike made me so embarrassed but this made me warm inside.  I knew I couldn’t let him down.  When he did this, he gave me the confidence that I have never felt, he believed in me.
I know people are very crunched for time in life especially Mike.  He juggles school, work, family life and other task upon that.  I suppose it isn’t much different from a lot of households but most people don’t or can’t make time to help someone out.  Mike makes sure he can do what he can when he can.  I think he gets a great feeling of joy from this.  He told me once you get what you put in as well as life is easy and living is hard.  I thought about these two meanings and they both make total sense.  He likes the feeling he gets to know he did a good thing for someone.  He doesn’t ask for anything in return and most people never return favors to him.  Maybe it is the fact he is to proud to ask for help.  I know when he needs help and I don’t ask him.  I just step in because I know at some point in time I may need help and he will be there.  His word is bond.
Mike has always persevered in life though the many ups and downs.  It takes such a strong individual to endure what he has and still goes around with a smile on his face.  That reminds me of another thing he told me once when I was upset and he was helping me yet again.  Life is to short to be mad or upset.  Even if he just heard the worst news I think even if he was sad he wouldn’t show it.  That can be a bad thing holding things in.  Maybe he cries when no one is around.  I hope so because people deserve to vent and everyone has to at some point in time.  If he were here at this moment I would tell him thanks and if he needs something ever to ask.

1 comment:

  1. A piece like this demands examples--and you give a story about a mudfight and another about dodgeball. That's the idea and that's the approach--the nest-to-last graf could have used that kind of specific.

    ReplyDelete