Friday, October 14, 2011

Narrative of a Person

We all occasional observe someone from a distance.  We sit back and try and figure them out by their actions.  People, whether they know it or not, judge people before they even talk to them.  If you saw someone that was dressed like a goth, all black clothing, black lipstick etc.. they may be the nicest person but more than likely you would think to yourself, “What a freak, he/she must be a weirdo loser.”  I am guilty as charged.  I know I’ve done this many times.  The simple fact is you do not know someone until you talk to them.
As I sit back and watch this person, who just happens to be my wife, I block my mind of how she really is and wonder what I would think about her just watching her as I have others.  As I sit back and just watch her making herself dinner my mind consumes itself with many thoughts of feelings towards her.  I know my feeling should be love but I wanted to get a mental picture of the typical human judging a human before they know them side of things.
She graceful struts around the kitchen as it’s a normal familiar thing.  This shows that she likes to do things for herself.  Having a familiarity with cooking show independence.  Most people on their own doesn’t make a nice little chicken dinner for themselves as she does.  I’ve been in dorms before and ramen noodles line the cupboards.  One of the first things I like to look at is hair.  Hair to me can give a good description about the person.  It shows if they care about themselves and shows how they want to be portrayed.  It can show if you care about what people think about you.  As she paces around the kitchen in a non bumbling way, her hair told a story to me about her feeling toward the world.  With three feet of hair and being so blonde it looked white, there was not one hair out of place.  It was like a can of Pringles, not one of them can be out of place.  They all seemed to stack amongst themselves in a fashionable manner.  This gives two thoughts in my mind, either she is self conscious or she is a very neat and clean person.   There is one way to settle that question and it is looking at her fingernails.  Her fingers were proportionately long but you could tell they were real.  They were witch nail length.  These were more like little stubs.  The chipping and fading of the nail polish told me she was a hard worker but also was not some superficial bimbo.  Yeah, she cared about how she looked but she also could get down and dirty if she needed.  She was clean and tidy but also wanted to be viewed as self motivated and self sufficient.  No one likes those girls or boys in their twenties that drive a expensive car and are all decked out to the hilt in new clothes and other fashions.  We all know they don’t work for that, their parents do and yet they try to claim as if they were successful.  We can all tell the difference of who works for their own things and who doesn’t.
 In their eyes you can get that sense of dignity and also how they carry themselves.  As she graciously flipped her chicken you could see it in her eye that she was a little more serious and self motivated then some mammas girl/boy.  Her slim knobby knuckles had a grip on the spatula as if it wasn’t her first time.  I knew the way she composed herself she was all for being spoiled but not being over indulged.  She had this sense of cleanliness as she constantly rinsed her hands off but also her jeans, which she moments ago returned from work in, had a sense of weather look to them.  No, these work some pre worn looking pants bought like this with numerous holes and washes.  This was general wear and tear done on these.  This isn’t my first rodeo and I can’t be fooled by this.  She wore then snuggly but not see you could see every crease in her ass or panty lines and such.  They had enough room to be comfortable and professional.  This gave me a sense of take charge women.
It is nice to pamper a girl but not having to consistently take care of her.  I myself like to be cared for.  As my eyes made their wondering down her long slender but defined leg I came upon her bare feet which pressed upon the tile.  Her feet were long and slender and seemed very pleasant.  I am no foot fetish man but her silky look foot almost gave me a sense of a fetish for them. Her toe nails just like her hand nails were chipped and worn but she is also a working woman.  Her heels I could see had slight calluses I could see as she at this point was almost sprinting around the kitchen.  The food was almost all down and everything always seems to finish together.  Our house is all tile and hard wood which could be her problem but if I didn’t know that I would think what a women.  She cares so much about her appearance, clothes, hair etc.. but also has those minor flaws which show a realistic lady.  It would also show me what a go getter she is. Again this all shows dignity as she is self sufficient.
It is a little comical how you can just look at someone and break them down.  Your opinion by just glancing at someone can be just as superficial as them but as the saying goes don’t judge a book by its cover. We all do whether we think we don’t or not.  We do it.  This is a defense by our mind and body to protect us from certain things I suppose.  I know if I saw some guy looking like a crack head, I’d stay away.  If the same person was in a suit, I’d be more apt to speak to him.  Is that selfish on my part or is that me protecting myself from harm or danger?  You really shouldn’t judge by looks it is very cruel and it could cost you the best friendship or lover in the world.  You can get a sense of how someone wants to be portrayed but it doesn’t show you who they really are inside.  Different circumstances can have people looking certain ways.  Someone poor for instance can look and smell dirty but they may have the biggest heart ever.  While someone else who is rich is all dressed to the hilt could be a total asshole.  I guess you never know someone unless you give them that chance we all deserve, common courteous.

1 comment:

  1. "With three feet of hair and being so blonde it looked white, there was not one hair out of place. It was like a can of Pringles, not one of them can be out of place."

    Probably do NOT save the Pringles compliment for Valentine Day. "Darling, your hair reminds me of potato chips...."

    Nice piece--you have some general thoughts and then get very specific and observant and detailed (like a detective) and then re-open the general ideas as a close. That's a classic technique and works well here.

    ReplyDelete